Your Nav Bar Here

May 16, 2012

scattered brain

does anyone else have those days where you have inspiration and want desperately to craft something but can't get your thoughts organized and put something together?  it's like I can think of all these things to make but don't even know where to start.  I have many days like these, actually.  it drives me crazy.

I gotta confess, I've crocheted quite a few things lately that I've been too lazy to snap pictures of and write a post.  too lazy, too busy, too scattered.  one of the three.

anyways.  sometimes I get in to ruts... where everything I make just doesn't do it for me.  I'm a perfectionist, in a way, and rarely am I ever in love or proud of the things I make.  but sometimes I start feeling like everything I make is a fail.  I either frog it or tie it off but never quite finish it.  it starts off good, but ends up bad.  I see all these people who make amazing things and have brilliant minds, and I want to be like them.  I want to always have inspiration and always love what I make.

but every time, I realize we all go through doubts and lack of inspiration or lack of the ability to actually start/finish anything.  even the awesome people who seem to have it all together.  who post every other day about their knitted sweater they started and finished in 4 hours time.  
even if we don't want to admit it, we all have these days.

so my question to you - what do you do when inspiration leaves or finishing anything related to crafts is a joke? what do you do on these days where you can't seem to organize your head and put something together?

me?  I usually just wait it out and hope for the best.

that's inspiring, I'm sure.

overexposed in the sun

7 comments:

Emily said...

honestly. what i have to do when my brain is all foggy is go on Etsy look at treasury lists and shops and look at their items and say how could i change this up or make it differently? ;)

Abby Moreland said...

mm! I do that a lot. ;)

Jessica said...

i have to say ditto to emily. also, this happens to me all the time. you put it into words perfectly.

Gracie said...

what is a good size for beginning crocheters?

Abby Moreland said...

@Gracie - do you mean hook size? if not, I'm sorry, I don't think I know what you're referring to...

Olivia said...

when i'm lacking inspiration or get 'scatter-brained' I go on pinterest a lot+try to find something different/new to start off with,or change a project I find on there into something of my own.
otherwise I just wait it out in time..inspiration can be lost quickly,but you can gain it back even better than before! ;)
xoxo

EMMA said...

Nice picture!

Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

Post a Comment