Your Nav Bar Here

Jun 1, 2012

yarn haul - michael's

I've never done a haul before... probably cause I really don't buy stuff that often.  but today my mom and I went to Michael's (and I drove!) and found clearance yarn, so I thought I'd share.  we intentionally went to Michael's so I could pick up some yarn I've been wanting to make a blanket with.  it's kind of crazy, but I've never actually crocheted a blanket before.  I've quilted one.  but never crocheted.  I'll letcha know more about my blanket once I actually start crocheting it.  ;)

IMG_9185

 it looks sort of like a regular size bag, but it's actually the biggest bag they have.  hah!  I've never in my life bought so much yarn at one time (8 skeins).

IMG_9186

here's what I went for - Bernat Softee Baby and Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly.  I'm making this blanket. they were all $5 each, which is a little pricey, but I really love the colors.  I'm hoping I can get away with one skein each (I'm just making a lap blanket) but we'll see.

and here's my impulse buy:

IMG_9188
IMG_9190
IMG_9191

5 skeins of yarn... but seriously, at 95 cents each, how could I not?  (one of those was even 88 cents.)  I tracked down the original brands and found out they were all either Loops and Threads Impeccable or Vanna's Choice.  I thought these colors would make a pretty scarf.  :)  I don't buy stuff just because it's a good deal (I even ended up putting some yarn that was $5 off back because I couldn't think of anything to make it with) but this I know I'll have super fun with.

plus the only thing wrong with these is that they didn't have the original label.


IMG_9192

overall the total price was a little over $17.  I went on their website a few days ago looking for a coupon, but was a total idiot and forgot one today.  but my mom had her 15% off teacher card, so that bumped the price to $17 instead of $20.

anyways... more hauls - yay or nay?

5 comments:

Holly said...

oooh wow, these are nice yarns! i'd love some of those! : )

Olivia said...

you did good;95 cents each? yarn can get pretty expensive at times. I love hauls,then you don't find yourself going back+back+back tot he craft store :)

Shelley said...

The picture of the blanket you plan to crochet is so pretty! I'm sure yours will turn out beautiful! :)

abby said...

thanks! it's coming along... I'm just scared I don't have enough yarn and I sure as heck don't want to spend $30 for this blanket. especially since it's only a lap blanket. ;) it's fun to crochet though!

EMMA said...

LOVE the soft mint!!!!

Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

Post a Comment